Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roses blooming outside my window today

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.  We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our window today.              Dale Carnegie
I know that this can be very true for me.  So, my list of 1000 gifts continues today as examples of some of the roses blooming outside my window.
120) sunlight streaming in the window and lighting up my flowers

 121) enjoying Greek food with great friends
122) scrumptious (and that doesn't even begin to describe it) pita bread and dips at Pegasus
123) Saturday morning sewing with great friends.

 124) laughing with friends
125) crackers and cheese
126) the life-giving smell of a warmish spring night
127) red-winged blackbirds flying over the reeds
128) frogs croaking
129) enough breeze to keep mosquitoes away
130) celebrating communion with my church family

No comments:

Post a Comment