Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Encouraging Words

I am so thankful for the encouragement I have received, words of God through words of people.  And also The Word of God through prayers and messages from others.
                            
Psalm 62: 6 - 8  "He only is the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.  Trust in Him at all times... Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."

Isaiah 41:10  "So, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you:  I will uphold you with My righteous hand."

Exodus 15:26  "I am the Lord, who heals you."

2 Thessalonians 2:16  "May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word."

Jeremiah 30:17  "For I will restore health unto thee..." saith the Lord.

Psalm 33:20  "We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield."

Philippians 4: 5 - 7  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ."

"Do not worry about anything.  Instead, tell God everything.  Ask and pray.  Give thanks to Him.  Then God's peace will watch over your hears and minds because you belong to Jesus."

Exodus 14:14  "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Joshua 3:4a  “Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before.”

Isaiah 43: 2 - 3a  “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.” 

Psalm 46  "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea......The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress..... Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

                      
Remember - the bigger the mountain is, the better the view from the other side.  (on a picture drawn by a former student)

I ask our God, our Master, Jesus Christ, God of glory, to give you insight in knowing Him personally, your thoughts to be focussed on joy.  So you can see exactly what He is calling you to be, understand the glorious immensity of His love for you, the extravagance of His work in you.  May you trust Him to give you endless energy and boundless strength.  (a prayer written for me and modelled on a passage of God's Word in a staff devotion time earlier this year)

(song written in a card from a friend)
I have a Maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in His hand.

Chorus:
He knows my name.
He knows my every thought.
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call.

I have a Father.
He calls me His own.
He'll never leave me,
No matter where I go.

Peter Kreeft  "Every suffering can be blessed because it hollows out a place in us for God and His comfort, which is infinite joy."  (in a card sent by a friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment