Sunday, January 13, 2013

Satisfied

"This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

Yesterday I had just a wonderful day.  It was a day where I was trying to do the NOW.  I was able to do so many of the things that make my heart sing.  I took time to read.  I spent time sewing and was able to delight in seeing pieces come together in beauty.  When I looked up and saw that the sun was shining, I decided right away to go for a walk in the winter wonderland.  And I came home to an invitation for tea with a friend.  

I rediscovered a prayer that I had read awhile back.  I'm not sure where I found it.  But I am sure that I want to make it a part of me.  (It's from Eric and Julie Vaiksnoras - with a couple of minor modifications.)

Dear God:  Thank you for the challenges and wonderful things that happened today.  Help me to use my experiences today to build and strengthen my life with others and with you.  Help me to see your wonderful world and guide me through all my tomorrows.  Amen

These are some of the experiences and wonderful things from the last little while.  My list of gifts continues....

1590) impromptu walks and explorations
1591) Zentangles
1592) and delight at what I can create with Zentangles and a little inspiration
1593) helping MW get closer to finishing her quilt
1594) dinner with friends
1595) choral concert
1596) seeing community in action (at the choral concert)
1597) encouragement from others
1598) hugs from students at the end of the day
1599) coming into church - more hugs
1600) coming home to shoveled sidewalks
1601) twice
1602) progress on quilt for E

1603) a wonderful day of feeding my soul
1604) reading
1605) quilting
1606) a winter walk in the sunshine
1607) impromptu tea with a friend - making a great day better
1608) seeing students learn - going from confusion to understanding
1609) Devonian Gardens
1610) the warmth of the sun on my face
1611) being able to enjoy solitude
1612) "cooking" with friends
1613) and having healthy meals at the ready
1614) a garage
1615 - 1622) photographic reminders of beauty in creation










No comments:

Post a Comment