Another thing I did today was to finish my Christmas cards. The picture above is what I put on the cards. The message inside was from a song.
Light of the world,
You stepped down into darkness….
King of all days
oh, so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came
To the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor.
It was absolutely lovely to spend my day with the focus on the light of Christ.
I even took the time to continue my list of gifts.
722) watching children proclaim the powerful message of Christmas in their Christmas program at church
723) the smell of fresh ginger
724) a gift of meals of soup
725) the enthusiastic and heartfelt singing of a young girl, singing that stands out in a crowd and brings a smile to so many faces
726) morning sun ont he tops of snow-covered mountains - all that and blue sky, too
727) the complete silliness of dancing plastic flowers in the bank window - facing the drive-through lane for the ATM
728) the joy of Safeway having the gift cards I wanted to buy for Christmas --
729) which mean that I could kill 2 birds with one stone(what a gory saying!)
730) the gift of free admission passes to a Christmas event
731) the peacefulness of the city night, blanketed in freshly fallen snow
732) time with friends
733) successfully finishing a quilt block that had 51 pieces (yes 51!)
734) the joyful squeals of children enjoying sledding in the snow
735) a lesson that clicks - and students learn with delight
737) the satisfaction of making Christmas cards
738) each card and letter arriving in my mailbox - a symbol of the people who have been and are a part of my life - gifts to me
739) a candlelight service
740) the impact of watching the church light up as the congregation passes the light
741) a young gifl using her violin to praise God and add to the worship service
742) the flickering beauty of candlelight
743) tea with a friend - and catching up with her!