I just finished another book that really inspired me. BE THE MIRACLE by Regina Brett. It is both encouraging and incredibly challenging. In it she quoted a prayer by Augustine.
Breathe into me, Holy Spirit, that all my thoughts may be holy.
Move into me, Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy.
Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend what is holy.
Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.
When I finished reading this the first time, I just had to take a deep breath. And now, too, after typing it, I had to do the same. Just breathe. That's what I want for my life. And it is such a huge job. Good thing I don't have to do it alone. And it is a good thing that I am forgiven every time I slip up. That's what gives me hope.
And the reason to keep seeing the gifts of God in my life.
769) lunch with my sister J - at my house
770) relaxed shopping with my sister, my cousin, and my aunt
771) finishing the backs for 4 (yes, 4!) quilts
772) starting a new quilt with fabric I already had at home
773) peacefully reading
774) playing with my iPad - and having some success
775) being able to host my niece and her boyfriend overnight
776) and being able to spend some time with them
777) successful use of time at school - getting lots done in a short time
778) a quiet Saturday at home
779) a glass of cold milk
780) a purple pen
781) word games
782) crossword puzzles
783) discovering new music and musicians
784) fun with technology
785) the right timing to talk to two friends after church
786) full moon in the morning sky
787) pink sky as I walked outside for supervision
788) seeing children bravely skate for the first time - and making great progress
789) stepping outside - to sunshine on my face, birds singing, and the happy sounds of neighbors chatting
790) the gentle music of my wind chimes
791) the sweet memories of a special day in Oz and two special women when these wind chimes were purchased
792) a visit to a quilt shop and lunch with a friend
793) the delight of seeing students and colleagues after a break
794) a phone call and Skype (first time on my iPad) with a dear friend
795) the wonderful gift of love my friend has been given
796) being able to delight in it with her
797) anticipating sliding into bed with fresh clean sheets
798) supper and conversation with a friend
799) enjoying new music - courtesy of the library
800) witnessing the baptism of children
801) a friend giving me a quote that made her think of me - and having recorded that same piece when reading that book......"
A child lies like a grey pebble on the shore until a certain teacher picks him and dips him in water, and suddenly you see all the colors and patterns in the dull stone, and it's marvelous for the stone and marvelous for the teacher.". From ALONE IN THE CLASSROOM by Eizabeth Hay