Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quilt Festival - Aunts and Nieces

Last summer I had the wonderful pleasure of helping my niece make a baby quilt for her fiancé's niece.  It was so much fun going shopping for fabric and working through the process with her.  Looking back on it, the experience was even richer in tradition for us.  The first quilt I ever made was with my aunt.  I was 17 and she helped me make a quilt for my bed, a tied quilt that I still have today!  So my aunt helped me (her niece).  And I helped my niece make a quilt for her (almost) niece.  Spending time together working towards a common goal certainly strengthens relationships.  I am so incredibly thankful for family.






Quilt dimensions - approximately 45" x 60"
backing - lovely soft minkee-like fabric with the lovely dots found in strips on the front
quilted by me


My niece and I have picked out material for her wedding gift quilt.  I am looking forward to the process of making the quilt for the two of them.

Go and check out more quilts at the quilt festival.  Amy's Creative Side - Blogger's Quilt Festival

2 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful chain of aunts and nieces! Lovely quilt - and an impressive amount of love in it...

    I've got my 2yo nephew interested in pushing the buttons, grabbing the fabrics and sitting on my lap to sew. Precious moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story of connections and a great quilt to show for it.

    ReplyDelete